Motorcyclists...
Argh. Why do these people always think they own the roads to themselves? Had two unpleasant encounters with motorcyclists when I was learning driving today. The first incident was when I needed to cross the centre line of the road (legal one, that is) to avoid a stationary vehicle. Then this motorcyclist turns out from the carpark exit and steers into the opposite lane. He nearly veers into my path. He was like so distracted and was looking elsewhere while turning his motorbike. Thank God, nothing happened.
Incident two was when I was driving at 50 on the centre lane and this motorcyclist cut right into my lane at a very dangerous distance. Again, Thank God I wasn't accelerating or we would have seen the motorcyclist mince on the road. gross.
Just this morning, Dad was driving on the TPE when there was this malaysian registered motorbike hogging the extreme right lane. I thought motorcycles were only allowed to stay on the left most lane of the road?! And the most irritating thing was, he didn't even bother to check if he was hogging the road. A line of 3 cars were actually forming up behind him and he didn't even know.
Read the forum page of ST just the other day and this person had a similar observation. And the case is especially so with Malaysian registered motorbikes. Perhaps they're not well-versed with the traffic rules in Singapore. But please?! Sometimes, I even see those scrawny looking 150cc bikes taking up the right lane?! If they were involved in a high speed traffic accident, they wouldn't even stand a chance.
Any avid motorcyclists out there? Beware. Or maybe don't even bother learning how to ride a motorcycle. With Singapore's roads penetrated with so many cars, I'd advise you not to bother.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home