K Shanez

Friday, August 22, 2003

Just some thoughts before I start my day...

Had a look at dreamcatcher's blog yesterday and she kinda commented on our "freedom".

Well, I would say that freedom is always relative. Or that is only to the extent that us humans can really understand. And no, Christianity never preached that you would have complete freedom, instead it preached that it would free you from the clutches of sin and death.

As usual, "free" is always followed by "from". So no matter how we say it, freedom will always be relative. Let's say for once you have really attained this so-called "freedom". What are we to compare it to? Will "freedom" be a state when you are really free? Or would it just be an illusion?

Even in dreams, I feel that we can still, never be free. We are still bounded by the realm of dreams. Are we still considered free this way? Yes, No?

Argh. For me, I would rather choose freedom from the clutches of immoral things. But then again, there's the question of "what is immoral?".

As Jewel's Intuition goes, "Follow your heart, your intuition, it will lead you in the right direction"

I believe this "Intuition" would come from the Holy Spirit if you're Christian,that is.

Okay. enough of this mind-boggling discussion.

Just yesterday, I watched a little news on TV. Was pretty shocked when this family was being interviewed about how poor they are and how they have to starve to feed their newborn child.

But the impression I got from the video was that this family still had many unnecessary things in their house!

The most important observation I made was that they had a FISH TANK, with many fish. The first thing that came to me and my Mom's mind was: If you can afford to feed the fish, how can you say you can't afford to feed yourselves or the baby?!

I seriously felt there was no need for them to even bother keeping pets if let alone they can't even afford to maintain themselves! What a sick joke.

They did have a TV in their home but I felt that was still necessary in this age of technology.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home