K Shanez

Monday, August 18, 2003

I am a rather happy man today... though i'm still quite sleepy... *yawn*

Experienced liberation yesterday when I gave up something I had in my life since Sec 1. Thank God for Doc John who preached at yesterday's sermon.

He said,"We often do not realise how big our God can be and we often fail to acknowledge his presence."

That really struck a chord in my heart. I realised the need for me to recognise the existence of God in my life. I had been going through this dark tumultuous time in which the material side of me was battling the spiritual side of me. Most of the time, I didn't give my spiritual side much importance. Instead, i gave in to worldly desires and that really put my spirituality in the doldrums.

However, I'm glad today cos I rededicated myself to the Lord yesterday. As what Doc John had discussed with our CG last week, it is so easy to acknowledge Jesus as our saviour, but what really makes a Christian? The fact that the person makes Him the Lord of his life! That was something I felt I really didn't commit to, well, till yesterday. Moreover, if we make Him the Lord of our lives, he will bring us new desires, new yearnings and new things to do cos when we accept him, we become a new creation!!! (as quoted in a certain verse in 1 Corinthians) I believe that my old ways would fall apart gradually and I would no longer yearn for the worldly things that I had wanted before.

I've now emplaced my trust in him to guide me wherever he deems fit for me to go. The old has past and the new has come!

Thank God for lifting me through from depths of the sea cos there is no place where he cannot be. (haha... it rhymes doesn't it?)

Praise The LORD!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home