K Shanez

Thursday, December 30, 2004

UNLEASH THE BITCH!

I can't withhold it any longer. I need to bitch about this situation.

Okay, so here goes.

We were supposed to have a gift exchange.

So one of the girls suggested the following criteria for the gifts which "most" of us accepted.
1) The gift must cost around $10.
2) The gift must not be food or anything perishable.
3) The gift must be unisexual.

So fine. All of us bought our stuff and waited for the day to do the exchange.

When we decided to do the lucky draw, it so happened that my gift would go to S/U and S/U's gift would have to go to me. But S/U had not brought the gift yet. So it was fine by me as long as S/U passes the gift to me another day.

And so, S/U passes the gift to me another day.

The first impression I got was... "so small?"

BUT! Never mind. Cos most people would say good things come in small packages right?

Well, I thought wrong.

When i opened it, the first thing that struck me was: "CHEAPSKATE".

The gift had flouted 2 out of the 3 "rules" we set. Firstly, it was a small bottle of dessert that probably costed a fraction of the $10 "rule" we proposed. Secondly, it was food!

I just concluded that this S/U is either:
a) Plain cheapskate
or
b) Freakingly Forgetful
or
c) Couldn't be bothered

I cannot imagine if S/U had to give it to somebody more calculative or sensitive than me. The person could have just broke off the friendship. It may sound petty but hey, if another friend could follow the "rules" and get something meaningful when you can't, it just goes to show that you have a value system that is questionable.

But I was pretty ok with it anyway cos S/U didn't get to enjoy my treat the other time and neither did S/U get the holiday stuff I got from Melbourne. So we're even.

But I think S/U should really start being more LUCID and stop SLEEPING! Wake up and smell the coffee already.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home