K Shanez

Monday, October 18, 2004

On the Contrary

Saturday was the audition day for J's play, The Letter. Was expecting to go there to help out with the auditions. LITERALLY. ie. to be the "panel of judges".

Much to my horror, I was assigned the role, "RECEPTIONIST".

When I tried to enter the audition "room" and tried to mingle with the "directors", I felt like some 2nd class citizen. Or even 3rd class.

When auditionees arrive, they don't look for me! Instead, they start looking for hcaz. So what, I'm transparent izzit? And there's more to it. I feel like I'm WORKING for the directors, but with ZERO pay. Bossing me around isn't the best way to get into my good books. I mean, I felt like I was being treated like some employee and not a friend.

And there was like so much time in between each audition. I don't see why the "directors" can't just get out of their seats and help me out. Rather than leave me alone with all the bloody shit and sit their asses on the couch and laugh out loud.

Hello? I exist you know!?

I once used the line "They say man is a gregarious animal. I probably epitomise it." But on saturday? I think only the word "animal" applied to me.

J, if you're reading this, I'm not directly angry with you or anything. But as my best friend, I hope you're open to my opinions and do take them into consideration. I know I'm appreciated and it's a joy to help a friend. But sensitivity issues still have a level of importance.

Or maybe I'm just having male menses.

Whatever.

Editor's Note: Post has been edited to remove arguments that no longer hold. However, those that I feel still hold are still being displayed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home